The book design prizes are awarded according to the requirements of the book design, whereby the quality of the works of art naturally plays an important role. These prizes are awarded as part of a book project. The winning images will be selected solely from the participating images in the respective book. In our LOUNGE series we usually have about 50 to 70 participants per book. The artworks of the participants automatically take part in the respective competition.
A book design award is a tremendous success for publicity!
There are very valuable rewards in the form of your image being on the front cover, back cover, title page and other highlighted pages in the book. The prizes are divided into the following categories:
- 1st prize (front cover)
- 2nd prize (back cover
- 3rd prize (title page)
- Honorable Mentions (chapter pages or other highlighted pages).
Also, from time to time, we select artists for a solo book, who will also receive the special award.
The awards in the “ART RETREAT” series for the small format are an exception. Here, the determined jury prizes are also shown on the front cover of the book. The images of the “Featured Artists” in the book (double pages with larger artworks), on the other hand, can win a book design award by being featured on the back cover. With this book series, which in future will be published irregularly, we would like to continue our former tradition in the field of small format.
All participants of the “Enter into Art” books are invited and nominated!
All award winners receive a certificate. Basically, however, the book itself serves as a certificate, which – not only for the award winners! – is an excellent advertising medium and PR tool! Please find mor information in our “Tips and Offers”!
Book design awards 2023
Excellent Art 2022 – Exzellente Kunst 2022 – vol. 3
47 artists from 23 countries
- 1st Prize (front cover): Alessandra Dieffe – Italy
- 2nd Prize (back cover): Bert Hermans – The Netherlands, Hege Ullensvang – Norway, Ivana Gagić Kičinbači – Croatia, Julia Still – France, Marcel Jomphe – Canada, William Zuk – Canada
- 3rd Prize (title page): Jean Jacques Porret – USA
- Honorable Mentions (music pages): Masha Orlovich – Israel, Helena Laine – Finland
Color Symphonies – Farbsymphonien
for Paul Gauguin and Vincent van Gogh
61 artists from 32 countries
- 1st Prize (cover): Ema Szabo – Romania
- 2nd Prize (back cover): Takanori Iwase – Japan, Tove Andresen – Denmark
- 3rd Prize (title page): Britt Conley – USA
- Honorable Mentions (chapter pages): Beverly Ashcraft-Johnson – USA, Derwin Leiva – USA, Ferenc Sebök – Belgium, George Perez – USA, Gregg Simpson – Canada, Josip Rubes – Croatia, Judith Stone – USA
Magic of La Bohème – Zauber der Bohème
An Homage for Paris and Puccini
59 artists from 26 countries
- 1st Prize (cover): Irina Howard – USA
- 2nd Prize (back cover): Douglas Lyell – United Kingdom, Ivana Gagić Kičinbači – Croatia
- 3rd Prize (title page): Aomi Kikuchi (Japan)
- Honorable Mentions (chapter pages): Barbara Rae Schaefer – USA, Barry Cottrell – United Kingdom, Ivan Kanchev – Bulgaria, Jaime Jose Cantu Martinez – Mexico, Katharina Bossmann – USA, Paul Ygartua – Canada, Ursula Müri – Switzerland
Derwin Leiva – Cubism from Hawai’i
- Special prize: Derwin Leiva – USA (nominated artist of an ‘Enter into Art’ solo book)