In Memory of St. Francis of Assisi –
Book series LOUNGE 2 – volume VI
Editor: Gabriele Walter
St. Francis of Assisi’s considerable impact on art and poetry cannot be questioned. His deeply felt connection with nature exerts a special pull on free-thinking people and functions as a bulwark against irrational zeitgeist and cultural decline. At the occasion of his 840th birthday, this idea brought together 60 artists from 24 countries to honor the saint’s love of animals with contemporary imagery.
International Artworks and Poems
Bilingual art gift book with 77 artworks and 28 haiku poems from 24 countries.
Relax and Rejoice with Art and Poetry from Around the World
The editor of this book has divided the animal artworks from around the world into chapters and added selected haiku poems, quotes, slogans, and illustrations. The result is a multifaceted homage from the imaginative perspective of modern artists. Hermann Hesse’s concise biography “St. Francis of Assisi”, which views the saint as a symbol of humanity in the broadest sense, and honors him as a creator beyond confessional boundaries, served as a philosophical guideline in the process of putting together this book.
Animal Worlds of ARt– Tierwelten der Kunst
The printed book is available in the book trade and in internet bookshops.
- Publisher: Re Di Roma-Verlag
- Language: English, German
- Size: 21 x 21 cm
- ISBN978-3-98527-666-0 (Hardcover)
Book participants can purchase any number of the book also from the publisher or bookseller Peecho at the reduced author’s price. Please find more information here!
Book design awards – as part of the book project:
- Cover: Sami Gjuka (Denmark) – 1st Prize
- Back cover: Leo Gesess (Switzerland), Howard Harris (USA) – 2nd Prize
- Titel page: Megan Vun Wong (Canada) – 3rd Prize
- Chapter pages with poems – seven „Honorable Mentions“: Alexander Gurevich (Israel), Bill Zuk (Canada), Durga Garcia (USA), Maki Nagumo (Japan), Mika Sakimoto (Japan), Patricia Pascazzi (Argentina), Jaime Jose (Mexico)
Please see in the book!