“When life seems like a series of dreams, there is also in dreams poetic justice.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Enter into Art – small-scale artworks – winners 2021
Contest as part of the book “Art Retreat 2020-21 – Living with pictures”
Editor and curator: Gabriele Walter
- Participants in the book project “Art Retreat 2020-21”
- Gallery with all small-scale artworks 2020-21
- Art gift book “Art Retreat 2020-21”
Please scroll down!
There are 24 awards and 17 finalists in 2021.
The awards are separated into PRINT and MIXED MEDIA.
1 – 3 Jury Prizes
Excellence Jury Prizes
Honorable Special Prize
Grand Juror: Hyun-Jin Kim, Taiwan (first prize winner)
- Cleo Wilkinson, Australia (first prize winner)
- Gerhard Rasser, Austria (double award winner)
- Iosif Mihailo, Romania (professor)
- Kumnam Baik, South Korea (professor)
- Lurdi Blauth, Brazil (lecturer)
- Melinda Kostelac, Croatia (professor)
- Majlinda Kelmendi, Albania (professor)
- R. Geoffrey Blackburn, United States (artist)
- Takanori Iwase, Japan (first prize winner)
- Vicky Tsalamata, Greece (professor)
The jury voting is carried out online and anonymously.
- All winning pictures will be shown on the book cover. These page is a sign of the high esteem in which the artist is held.
- The winners’ artworks are highlighted also on the first pages of the book by being shown in a larger format. The 1th prizes each receive a full page.
- All winner prizes will be rewarded in the form of PR publication (special blog post “Art Interpretation” in German) on the Internet. The blog posts for the prizes 1 – 4 name the artist in the title. The winners of “Excellent Prize”, “Honorable Mention” and “Amber Award” will be rewarded with a respectiv joint blog post. All posts will be marked with our award banners.
- The first prize winners (given to both miniprint and mixed media) will be awarded with a small solo exhibition in our Studio Gallery “Apollinaire” as an online event. There will be a German blog post published about each solo exhibition.
- Winners and finalists will be shown in special posts on the internet. All winners will receive a certificate. The jury members also receive a certificate.
Links to the German blog posts – please see also on our main website – CONTEST! or the categories Art Excellence and “WETTBEWERB Kunst” (CONTEST Art) in the German blog journal. You will find Google Translate at the bottom of the German website.
The blog posts will be published over the course of a year. We ask for patience!
- Isao Kobayashi, Japan, 1st Prize
- Vicky Tsalamata, Greece, 2nd Prize
- Takanori Iwase, Japan, 3rd Prize
- Patricia Gagic, Canada, Excellence-Prize
- Kathie Pettersson, Sweden, Excellence-Prize
- Patricia Pascazzi, Argentina, Excellence-Prize
- Masha Orlovich, Israel, Excellence-Prize
- Ana Galvão, Portugal, Honorable Special Prize
- Kana Kobayashi, Japan, Honorable Mention
- Alina Jackiewicz-Kaczmarek, Poland, Honorable Mention
- Ivana Gagić Kičinbači, Croatia, Amber Award
- Yvan LaFontaine, Canada, Amber Award
- Gerhard Rasser, Austria, 1sr Prize
- Dorte Bundesen, 2nd Prize
- Vike Pedersen, Denmark, 3rd Prize
- David Whitfield, France, Excellence-Prize
- Else Juhl Lundhus, Denmark, Excellence-Prize
- Agron Bytyçi, Kosovo, Excellence-Prize
- Sabrina Villaseñor V, Mexico, Excellence-Prize
- Pamela Ecker, Austria, Honorable Special Prize
- Rosa Viñas, Spain, Honorable Mention
- Megan Wun Wong, Canada, Honorable Mention
- Ai-Wen Wu Kratz, USA, Amber Award
- Aliza Thomas, The Netherlands, Amber Award
Solo exhibitions for the 1st prizes:
- Isao Kobayashi, Japan (print)
- Gerhard Rasser, Austria (mixed media)
After a pre-selection the Grand Juror selected a part of the pictures, which served as the basis for the jury’s selection of the jury awards. If a jury member is also a participant in the art book, his/her artwork will be automatically among the finalists. The jury members are selected by us according to professional as well as intercultural aspects. Please click on a picture!
All participants in the book were invited and nominated. Please leaf through the book: